Friday, July 24, 2015

Find Your Voice 2015-Lesson 1

Hello! A few weeks ago, I heard about Kristin's (from Rukristin) Find Your Voice workshop. This is a free workshop that started on July 1st. All you have to do is just register for the workshop on Rukristin's website. I have been catching up on the challenges and reading materials for the past week. Today, I want to share a few pages that I created for the first lesson/challenge.


I am using a Strathmore Mixed Media Visual Journal for the workshop. It's 5 1/2 by 8 and it's the perfect size. I decided to decorate the cover with some Thickers.


The workshop includes a pre-workshop worksheet and a follow along worksheet for each week. These are super helpful. I also love all of the information in the PDF as well as the contributor inspiration. The workshop also includes chats, forums, and galleries. I love that there is a chat session every day so if you can't make it on a certain day, you can chat on another day or look at the chat transcript.

I will be putting my completed worksheets in a DCWV Inc. envelope. I have had these envelopes for a really long time so it was so nice to put these envelopes to good use. I plan to use an envelope for each week. I just adhered the envelope onto the page.


There were so many ways that I could have completed Lesson 1. The first lesson was about documenting stories and why those stories are so meaningful to us. There are so many different stories and topics that are meaningful to me. I decided to make some pages on TV shows, books, music, and movies.  

For my first page, I knew that I would want to document my favorite TV shows. I included a few reasons why these shows are my favorite such as story lines, characters, and a few other random thoughts.


I decided that I wanted to list some of my favorite books. I love reading so it only made sense to make a page related to books. I want to thank Kristin from My Life as a Teacup for introducing me to Neil Gaiman's books. The Graveyard Book was one of the selected books for her book club and now I have become obsessed with Gaiman's books.


For my music page, I decided that I wanted to list my current favorite songs. I used some neon tags and wrote down some of my favorite lyrics.


I chose to document my favorite movies and put down some reasons why these movies are my favorite. 

Supplies:

Have you signed up for Rukristin's Find Your Voice workshop? If so, how are you liking it?

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment