Monday, May 18, 2015

A Fifty-Year Silence--Blogging for Books Review

A few weeks ago (possibly a month ago), I signed up for Blogging for Books. You can find more information on blogging for books here. I received my first book a few weeks ago and have finally finished it. The book I chose to review is A Fifty-Year Silence by Miranda Richmond Mouillot.


The World War II era has always fascinated me which is why I chose to read A Fifty-Year Silence. This book is about the narrator trying to find out why her grandparents were estranged and never spoke or saw each other again. I completely understood why the author wanted to find out what happened with her grandparents because honestly who wouldn't want to know. The book did read somewhat like a diary and it was clear that the author did the best she could to piece the story together despite her grandparents not giving her much information. The book would jump back and forth from the past and present because the author was trying to get as much information as possible regarding her grandparents. I would have preferred that Mouillot had written the book after getting all of the information (or as much as possible) rather than having the book jump back and forth. I also would have preferred that the story would have been more about her grandparent's lives rather than her own although I think the book may have been written the way it was due to the information that the author received. I don't want to give much of the story away, but I was disappointed and sad with the ending. I would recommend that people read this book because it was interesting. 

Have you read A Fifty-Year Silence? What are your thoughts on the book?

I received this book from Blogging for Books in exchange for this review. All opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments

Post a Comment