I first heard about explosion boxes on Dancing Quinn. She made the most gorgeous box ever and I had to try one. There are a lot of tutorials on how to make an explosion box, but I used this one. I did a practice one on just patterned paper and I automatically knew why card stock is recommended for the base. I tried it again, but I made the lid too small. My third attempt was the most successful and I really love how it turned out.
- 3 patterned paper/cardstock from American Crafts My Girl Paper Collection
- Sn@p Stickers Typeset
- Heidi Swapp Chipboard Stickers
- K & Company Adhesive Chipboard Sweetie Birthday
- American Crafts- Balloons stickers/embellishments
- Paper House 3D stickers- Happy Birthday
- Ready stamped Greetings and Verses (from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine)
- Xyron glue stick
- Elmer's Glue Dot Runner
Here are some more pics of the explosion box.
Top of the box (lid)
I plan to put a small box or a mini cake box in the center and put some money in there. So the explosion box would basically be a mini album/book/money holder.
I hope she loves the box and I will be sure to make some more explosion boxes in the next few weeks. This was definitely a fun project and gift to make.
Until next time...