Saturday, September 6, 2014

Birthday Explosion Box

My little sister's birthday is in October and I already know what I'm going to get her! Since I already knew what I was going to get her, I decided to make her a card as well. I've made her gift card holders and a card or two before, but this time I wanted to make an explosion box card.

I first heard about explosion boxes on Dancing Quinn. She made the most gorgeous box ever and I had to try one. There are a lot of tutorials on how to make an explosion box, but I used this one. I did a practice one on just patterned paper and I automatically knew why card stock is recommended for the base. I tried it again, but I made the lid too small. My third attempt was the most successful and I really love how it turned out.



Supplies Used:
  • 3 patterned paper/cardstock from American Crafts My Girl Paper Collection
  • Sn@p Stickers Typeset
  • Heidi Swapp Chipboard Stickers
  • K & Company Adhesive Chipboard Sweetie Birthday
  • American Crafts- Balloons stickers/embellishments
  • Paper House 3D stickers- Happy Birthday
  • Ready stamped Greetings and Verses (from Cardmaking & Papercraft Magazine)
  • Xyron glue stick
  • Elmer's Glue Dot Runner
Here are some more pics of the explosion box.

Top of the box (lid)



I plan to put a small box or a mini cake box in the center and put some money in there. So the explosion box would basically be a mini album/book/money holder.





I hope she loves the box and I will be sure to make some more explosion boxes in the next few weeks. This was definitely a fun project and gift to make.

Until next time...

No comments

Post a Comment